Add a shaker box to your layout or card. When you are done, either post a direct link in your comment or email it to me.
Directions for making a shaker box:
Let's put a shaker box on our layout or card!
- Step 1Cut out your shaker box shape, such as a strawberry, watermelon, sun, moon or star. Make sure it is large enough to allow for the foam tape border and room for the contents to move about freely.
- Step 2Cut out a window inside your shape using a craft knife. Make sure you leave at least a 1/2-inch border around your shape.
- Step 3Turn your shaker box over and adhere the transparent film to the shape, using strong adhesive. Trim the excess.
- Step 4Adhere sections of foam tape to the back of the shape. Make sure you leave no gaps.
- Step 5Pour a small amount of beads, sequins, or small buttons into the well you created with the foam tape. Leave enough room for them to be able to move around.
- Step 6Peel off the foam tape backing.
- Step 7Place a piece of cardstock over the foam tape and adhere securely. Choose a complimentary color because you will see it on the inside of the shaker box.
- Step 8Trim the excess backing away.
- Step 9Attach your shaker box to your scrapbook page.