I love comments. If you like my work or download one of my files, please leave me a comment and let me know.

Thanks and happy crafting.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Iron-on Vinyl


This is the t-shirt that my son made for his girlfriend for Christmas. We used the Sure Cuts Alot 2 program with my cricut. The program allows me to trace a photo and then cut it. It works great! We cut the image and letters out of heat transfer vinyl. It's very easy to use.

I buy all of my vinyl from HHSignSupply.

To use the vinyl, simple place the white side up on the cutting mat. When you cut your images, remember to flip them.

After you have cut your images, you will need to weed your vinyl. This is the process of removing all of the extra vinyl. Leave your image(s) on the clear material.

Place your image white side down onto your t-shirt. Place on ironing cloth over the image. I used a very thin kitchen towel. Press your image for 30 seconds with the iron on it's hottest setting. Continue until you have ironed the entire image.

Allow the material to cool completely.

Peel off the clear material carefully. If some of your vinyl tries to come with it, re-iron that section.

This was our first attempt at a t-shirt. It worked really well. The kids are already begging to make more. We had to order more vinyl. It should be here Monday. lol













Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment