I love comments. If you like my work or download one of my files, please leave me a comment and let me know.

Thanks and happy crafting.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Fire Starters

My friend Diane Bay Gilligan taught me how to do this. They work great and are super cheap to make.

I bought makeup pads at dollar tree. I got 80 for $1.00. I simply melted wax in my crock pot. I didn't have any crock pot liners left and I use this for food also. I tried a turkey bag and it worked great. Any candle wax works wick and all. We just removed the wick after it melted. Dip the pad and let it drip for a moment. Place on wax paper to cool.

Burning them - I found that you need to peel the wax off the edge slightly to light it. It took a minute or two to get going. After 10 minutes we put it out. They are wonderful.














1 comment: